His latest offerings:
- that he is "absolutely loving" the situation in which he finds himself;
- that England's chances at next year's World Cup are somehow enhanced by the fact that the team has just lost five test matches on the bounce; and
- that it is when things are not going well that you find "which players in your team can really stand up to pressure”
are arguably the most bizarre yet, especially as:
- no one else remotely connected with English rugby is enjoying this one little bit, Eddie;
- no one with the remotest grip on reality now gives England any chance in Japan next year; and
- on the evidence of the last few weeks Jones can therefore rely upon a maximum 3 or 4 players.
Time to find the plot, Eddie, and quickly.