Sunday, 17 March 2013
Champs & Chumps - 6N 2013
But, as the dust settles, here's the moment you've all been waiting for...time to announce this year's TF Six Nations Champs & Chumps:
1. Thomas Domingo - only Monsieur Saint-Andre knows why he wasn't selected from the outset.
2. Leonardo Ghiraldini - dynamic in eveything he did.
3. Adam Jones - not sure what else he does, but peerless as a scrummager.
4. Alun Wyn Jones - his arrival in the tournament coincided with the Welsh pack asserting its presence.
5. Geoff Parling - beat George Clooney to world's sexiest beard and central to everything that England's pack did well.
6. Alessandro Zanni - Parisse's first lieutenant in the Italian pack. Superb.
7. Chris Robshaw - Captain Immense, even in defeat in Cardiff.
8. Sergio Parisse - right now he's arguably the best rugby player on the planet.
9. Greg Laidlaw - barely put a foot wrong.
10. A.N.Other - briefly selected for Ireland to play France and probably the pick of an average bunch.
11. Simon Zebo - one flick with the heel was all it took.
12. Wesley Fofana - shone once restored to his proper position.
13. Manu Tuilagi - disappointing finish but 68 minutes against France with his ear hanging off. Wow.
14. Alex Cuthbert - just gets better and better. Gutted that he was never on England's radar.
15. Leigh Ha'penny - all round game edges out the seriously exciting Stuart Hogg.
1. Cian Healy - red mist and lucky not to see a red card.
2. Rory Best - what the hell happened to his game?
3. Vincent Debaty - his wobbly jelly-belly gives hope to us all.
4. Mike McCarthy - Mr Teflon.
5. Donnacha Ryan - Mr Angry.
6. Courtney Lawes - never an international blindside.
7. Sean O'Brien - blinkered and unconvincing on the openside.
8. Sergio Parisse - one part superstar, one part utter wassock - a Champ but also a Chump.
9. Morgan Parra - play-acting theatrics have no place in the game.
10. ROG - achieved the remarkable feat of making Freddie Michalak look good.
11. Chris Ashton - turnstyle defender, petulant child.
12. Jamie Roberts - now has fewer dimensions than one of Chris Ashton's paintings of the sky.
13. BOD - the great man looked diminished by age and frustrated with his lot.
14. Gio Venditti - I doubt AC Milan will be calling anytime soon.
15. Alex Goode - all the pace of a tectonic shift.