Wednesday, 23 August 2017
Dawson was apparently bitten by a tick in a London park, causing a bacterial infection to spread throughout his body.
Following a severe fever he he went to hospital where he was diagnosed with Lyme Disease which, if not treated promptly, can cause issues such as inflammatory arthritis, heart problems, problems with the nervous system and meningitis.
After multiple heart operations (what?) and 18 months of treatment, apparently Dawson is now on the mend but is still on medication and it will take time for his heart to recover fully.
Sounds utterly horrific.