The timing works especially well this year as I'll have a few days after I get back to psyche myself up for the Rugby World Cup. No doubt I'll also be commenting on the following stories upon my return:
- England delay naming starting line-up for first match against USA while they await urgent medical bulletin on the fitness of SuperJonny, knocked out while attempting to prevent last gasp winning try by the French in Marseille;
- Brian Ashton confirms that, in any case, he still doesn't know what his first choice XV is, and so will select on the basis of age, starting with the oldest. Martin Johnson, Neil Back and Jason Leonard are late additions to the squad;
- Shock re-call to the Welsh squad for Gavin Henson;
- Shock axeing of Gavin Henson from the Welsh squad after it transpires he's been on the lash with Charlotte for the last three weeks;
- Jake White criticises England's scrummaging technique, lineout interference, rucking, mauling and tackling, while sitting on Eddie Jones' knee;
- Lote Tuqiri, Matt Dunning and four other Wallabies are sent home in disgrace after breaking curfew and staying up after 7pm;
- New Zealand demand that all other hakas be abolished and that their traditional version, invented 12 months ago, be the only one allowed (out of respect for the Maori culture);
- The right Reverend Graham Henry adds that whilst they were at it why not just abolish all national anthems apart from New Zealand's.
- The Guinness Premiership season kicks off but no one notices.