Friday, 8 July 2016
Down at heel
My current ongoing medical drama centres upon my right heel.
Often painful after exercise, I completely buggered it up (to use a medical term) at Touch a couple weeks ago.
It turns out I've damaged the plantar fascia, a band of tissue that runs under the sole and supposedly acts as a shock absorber to the foot. The condition - plantar fasciitis - is, apparently, quite common.
- icepacks - tick, I've been icing my heel regularly
- painkillers - tick, I've been tucking into my ibuprofen stocks
- supportive device for the heel - tick, my shoes are now full of pads and such like
- resting - tick - had two weeks off, felt better, played Touch again, back to square one
- losing weight - ah, oh well!